2017 DuBois Community Days dates: June 16th and 17th, 2017
Volunteer Hose Company #1
Engine 72 / Truck 72
33 East Park Avenue
DuBois, PA 15801
The Volunteer Hose Company is the oldest hose company in DuBois. The members are a hardworking, motivated group who are proud of their history and record of service. They have performed admirably for the community through the years and feel privileged to be able to serve the good citizens of DuBois today and in the future.
About Volunteer Hose
- It was June 25, 1888, that the Volunteer Hose Company No. 1 was organized
- First firefighting unit to become a functioning city affiliate
- First home for the Volunteers was a building located on West Scribner Avenue between Brady Street and High Street. At present at this location a new building houses the city offices and the DuBois Police Department.
- Present location of the fire station East Park Avenue and North Stockdale Street in the Second Ward since 1949.
- Engine 72 , Truck 72 with Chief Ben Blakley IV
Since 1994 at Community Days we, with the help of family members & friends, have had a food booth at the City Park. Since 1996, the main food has been hot sausage, haluski, & pierogies, making up the famous “Firemen’s Platter”. In 2012 we made 6000 pierogies, 1000 pounds of haluski, and 1500 links of hot sausage.